The British love etiquette, from how to lay a table to what’s considered acceptable attire on the golf course. Our approach to bedrooms and sleep is no different. What’s more, it’s a type of etiquette that translates across borders too. We spend a third of our lives in bed so ensuring it’s clean, hygienic, and fresh is crucial. But there are bigger questions around sleep etiquette, including:
- Do you really need to choose a side of the bed?
- What’s the best way to present a guest room?
- Should you go to bed on an argument?
In this Sleep Matters podcast from Dreams, resident sleep expert Dr. Pixie Mckenna talks to an expert panel on all things manners and habits when it comes to sleep. Join Britain’s leading authority on etiquette, William Hanson, and relationship expert, Louise Scodie, as they chat to Dr. Pixie about snoring, duvet-hogging and whether you’re allowed to flush the toilet in the middle of the night.
What’s covered in this sleep routine podcast
- How to manage sleeping with a snorer
- What to do when your partner hogs the duvet
- The cons of going to sleep on an argument
- Should you sleep in pyjamas when staying at a friends house?
- Are partners expected to go to bed at the same time?