Take your sleep space to the next level with single bedding from top industry brands. Whether you need a new single duvet to keep you warm at night or a single bedset for a spare room, there's a huge selection in our range.
Having the right bedding helps towards having a good night’s sleep. Single beds are most commonly found in children and teen bedrooms or spare bedrooms, so ensuring you have suitable bedding for your single bed is extremely important. There are a few things to consider before buying your bedding.
What are the different types of single bedding?
You won’t necessarily need every item of bedding, but some of them are essential to getting a proper night of rest. Here are some of the bedding items you should consider buying for your single bed.
- Single duvets - Your duvet will keep you warm at night and help you to feel snug and secure when drifting off. Getting the right single duvet for children and toddlers is particularly important as without this they may struggle to sleep well.
- Single duvet covers - Arguably as important as the duvet, your single duvet cover will keep the duvet clean and ensure it lasts longer. It also enhances comfort and provides a better aesthetic for your bedroom.
- Single sheets - Sheets also increase the comfort of your bed and keep your mattress clean. Single sheets come in fitted or flat styles. Single fitted sheets have elastic on each corner to cover the mattress without moving whereas single flat sheets lay over the mattress but must be tucked underneath to keep them straight.
- Single mattress toppers - If you want the feel of memory foam without having a full mattress, a single size memory foam mattress topper can transform your bed. These are particularly useful for those with joint or muscle soreness. Available in styles from Dreams and TheraPur.
- Single mattress protectors - Mattress protectors fit over the top of the mattress and underneath your sheet to keep the mattress clean and help it to last longer. These are washable, improving your sleep space hygiene.
Single bedding for children
When your child transitions from a cot or toddler bed, it's likely that their first full size bed will be a single. Some bedding is much more suitable for children than others, and it's important to ensure that they stay comfortable and safe while they sleep.
Single duvets for children
Children tend to have more sensitive skin than adults and can suffer more with allergies. Finding a duvet that doesn’t aggravate either of these issues doesn’t have to be difficult. The single size duvets available from Junior are made from hypoallergenic fabrics such as natural wool and polyester to ensure that your children don’t wake up feeling irritated. They are also washable at 40 degrees, helping to eradicate dust mites.
These duvets have a low tog rating of 4.0. Tog ratings measure the level of warmth that the duvet will provide. As children are physically smaller, they don't need duvets as heavy as adults do. Regular duvets of around 10.5 tog are more suitable for older children and teenagers, especially in the winter when it becomes colder.
Single mattress protectors for children
When children move into their first big bed, accidents are to be expected. Choosing a waterproof mattress protector not only stops your mattress getting saturated should this happen, but it also protects against spilt food and drink and stops the mattress becoming ruined if they are sick.
Single bedding for spare bedrooms
There are plenty of brilliant duvet options for guest bedrooms. Since there will be a mixture of people staying, we would recommend a washable duvet like the Doze Ultra Soft Washable Duvet. This will keep the room clean and keep your guests feeling fresh while they stay with you.
For something a bit more luxury, a single duck feather & down duvet will provide an experience like staying in a 5* hotel. These duvets are long-lasting and keep their shape as well as being extremely warm and comfortable.
For further information regarding any of our single bedding, contact us on 0800 652 5090.