Ohio Sofa Bed£399
Kelso Sofa BedFrom £449
Madden Sofa Bed£849
Palmer Sofa Bed£599
Haze Sofa Bed£599
Houston Sofa Bed£449
Tyler Grey Sofa Bed£499
Chloe Sofa Bed£549
Indiana Futon Sofa BedFrom £170
Sofa by day, bed by night. A sofa bed is the perfect solution for those short on space, as it combines two pieces of furniture to make one practical and cosy place to rest. This is especially handy for those with smaller apartments as it maximises space. Sofa beds are also useful when accommodating guests last minute. So if you’re looking for a sofa bed, there are a few options to consider, such as the types of sofa bed, the storage space and the size of your sofa bed.
What size sofa bed should I get?
The recommended size for your sofa bed generally depends on the size of those sleeping in it. However, the recommended range for a double mattress in a sofa bed should be anything from 52‐60 inches wide and roughly 72 inches long for maximum comfort. In terms of depth anything over 4.5 inches will give you a comfortable night’s sleep. How does a sofa bed work?
There are 5 different types of sofa beds, including fold out, clic clac, lift and pull, A frame or corner sofa beds. All of which are easy to assemble.
- As the name suggests, a folding sofa bed simply works by unfolding the mattress from the settee into a comfy and generous bed with two swift movements.
- A clic clac sofa bed isn’t too different from a folding sofa bed and is one of the simplest to operate. This works by clicking the back rest of the sofa in line with the rest of the seat.
- A lift and pull sofa bed is possibly one of the most traditional mechanisms and is most commonly seen in futon sofa beds. To assemble this pull out sofa bed, simply lift the seat upwards until you release the mechanism, then simply pull the seat back until you have a flat futon bed.
- A Frame sofa beds work by pulling the lower front panel of the sofa forwards, this unfolds the A shaped frame of the pull out couch into a comfortable bed.
- Finally, corner sofa beds feature an additional platform underneath the sofa, which pops up to align with the rest of the seat, creating a cosy double bed. This also offers an extra storage compartment in the Ottoman base, which is especially handy to those trying to maximise living room space.
Tailoring your sofa bed to you
As well as the different types of sofa beds available, there are also a variety of styles to choose from, in terms of colour, material and design. At Dreams, we offer a wide range of colours and finishes, including a variety of fabric or faux‐leather. Depending on what you’re looking for, certain sofa beds offer more storage than others, whereas some offer a more contemporary look. To browse our range of sofa beds, use the filters on the left. If you’re interested in shopping for sofa beds, we offer sofa beds which maximise space without compromising on comfort. What’s more, buying a sofa bed from Dreams won’t cost you a fortune, and thanks to our price promise, you’ll sleep well knowing you’ve got a great deal. For any enquiries, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0800 652 5090.