Houston Sofa Bed£449
Tulsk Glossy Ivory Metal Bed FrameFrom £359
Paris Satin Black Metal Bed FrameFrom £359
Selkirk Glossy Ivory Metal Bed FrameFrom £449
Selkirk Satin Black Metal Bed FrameFrom £449
Deacon Upholstered Ottoman Bed FrameFrom £699
Hamilton Satin Black Metal Bed FrameFrom £449
Sana Pearl Fabric Ottoman Bed FrameFrom £499
Farris Sofa BedFrom £699
Single Bed Frames
Beds are the focal point of your bedroom and where you lay your head each night, so it’s important that you get the right bed for you. Whether you’re browsing double or single beds, there are essential things to consider before you buy. Here are the main things to look at if you’re interested in a single bed and mattress.
What are the different types of single bed frame?
A single bed comes in a variety of options in terms of design and storage. The four main types of single bed frame are wooden, metal, Divan and Ottoman.
- A wooden single bed frame consists of sturdy wooden slats that give you a sold night’s sleep. This is probably the best option for you if you’re after cheap single bed frames.
- If you’re not interested in a wooden bed base, you can get beds which consist of a metal single bed frame. These again are best for those looking for cheap single beds while offering a touch of elegance.
- Single Divan beds offer more storage than the previous two types of bed. Instead of tucking your bits and bobs underneath your bed, a divan base features drawers for you to store extra bedding, cushions or magazines.
- Finally, Ottoman beds offer the most storage out of each single bed frame. This consists of a lift up base, meaning the whole bed frame becomes a space to store belongings.
Which bed size is right for me?
The correct bed size will depend on the size of those sleeping in it. If you’re after a small single bed, this averages at around 2’6 wide. A regular single bed size however, will be 3’0 wide. The average length will be around 6 foot – 6’4. In terms of bed height, anything from 16‐25 inches (including bed frame and mattress) is best. To test your bed height, sit at the edge of the bed. If your feet are flat against the floor and your knees are in a straight line with the hips, your bed is the right height.
Which mattress is right for me?
As well as bed frame and bed size, another important thing to factor is your comfort. There are an overwhelming number of mattresses available ranging from soft to firm. However, all you need to do is tailor your mattress to your sleeping position and therefore your pressure points.
- If you sleep on your side, a medium or medium soft mattress is recommended to help keep your spine aligned while being comfortable.
- If you sleep on your back, a firm or orthopaedic mattress will help keep you supported and cosy throughout the night.
- If you sleep on your front a firm or medium firm mattress is recommended to avoid damage to your neck.
Other things to consider while buying a bed
Finally, you have a choice between you desired bed materials. This is important as it impacts your overall comfort, not to mention the design of your bed. Upholstered single beds, which come in a Divan or Ottoman base, offer storage while adding elegance to your bedroom. They are available in fabric, velvet or faux leather and feature a headboard for maximum comfort.
At Dreams, we offer a wide range of single beds that vary by base, size, design, storage facilities and even colour. Use the tabs on the left to browse our vast range of options to find the best single bed tailored to you. If you’d like to speak to us about any of our products, please call us on 0800 652 5090.